NetSSRIN has been established to:
- To monitor the human rights situation and highlight human rights violations by the personnel of the armed forces and other security agencies.
- To work on delivering victims voice to Media, relevant authorities, local and international relevant organisations and fora.
- To document cases of human rights violations by military personnel and defend victims via domestic and international law and also by using the UN human rights mechanisms, ensuring that those who committed human rights violation are held accountable according to international law.
- To coordinate with human rights organizations to unite efforts to help victim of rights abuse.
- To campaign and provide platform for dialogue with relevant authorities of governments to address cases of human rights violations by operatives of the Nigerian armed forces and other security personnel.
- To ensure that human rights are being respected and applied, especially during counter insurgency and violent extremism operations in Nigeria.
- To promote human rights values and increase awareness about human rights guaranteed in the constitution, universal declaration for human rights and international law.
- To contribute to the development of Human rights law in Nigeria.